Our team has curated more than 200 open and structured data sets, then organized them into a single directory for your storytelling on Data4America.
Each day we're publishing a new Dataset of the Day and sharing on social media.
Here's why we believe in open data repositories:
- They provide a source of insight and transparency into the domains and organizations that are represented by the data sets.
- They enable value creation across a variety of domains, using the data as the “fuel” for innovation, government transformation, new ideas, and new businesses.
- They offer a rich variety of data sets for data scientists to sharpen their data mining, knowledge discovery, and machine learning modeling skills.
- They allow many more eyes to look at the data and thereby to see things that might have been missed by the creators and original users of the data.
- They enable numerous “data for social good” activities (hackathons, citizen-focused innovations, public development efforts, and more).